The education industry consists of schools, colleges, universities and various private institutions. The education industry provides its students with the knowledge and skills to adapt to a continually changing working world. The industry consists of an expanding array of organizations that strive to provide lifelong learning to its customers. The education sector can be broadly classified as primary education, secondary education, higher education and vocational education. The Education industry is crucial to the workforce capability of all other industries, but it also faces unique workforce development challenges of its own. With its responsibility for skilling the current workforce and preparing future generations for work and life, the Education industry is subject to intense public and political scrutiny and to frequent waves of policy change and review..
Education information technology (EIT) is a software application for education establishments to manage student data. Student Information Systems (often abbreviated as SIS systems) provide capabilities for entering student test and other assessment scores, build student schedules, track student attendance, and manage many other student-related data needs in a school.
The key benefit of education information technology is given below
- Improve education quality or effectiveness through EIT.
- Increase education productivity or efficiency through EIT.
- Prevent manual working errors and increase documentations accuracy and procedural correctness through EIT.
- Increase administrative efficiencies and work processes through EIT.
- Decrease paperwork and unproductive or idle work time through EIT.
- Extend real-time communications to parents as well as students through EIT.